Under the umbrella of UBC Health, the health professional programs at the University of British Columbia have implemented an integrated approach to health professional education.
The Integrated Curricula are required components of students' programs, designed to create opportunities for interprofessional learning in complex areas of health care. Topics are delivered in a sequential, spiraled approach in a meaningful way around content areas that benefit from a collaborative approach. Key principles are integrated throughout each activity.
Students register for and track IPE learning using the IPE Passport. This online learning management system is a repository for all the innovative interprofessional learning opportunities available to UBC health professional and human service students.
The IPE Passport:
- Formalizes Participation in IPE
- Tracks Participation with an IPE Student Transcript
- Supports Accreditation Reporting Helping Students Meet IPE Competencies
- Manages Integrated Curricula Registration
- Communications Tool for Opportunities of Interest
- Comprehensive Repository of IPE at UBC Health
- Identifies Future Collaborative Opportunities for Programs