The Office of UBC Health works with the academic health professional programs across UBC to deliver and promote interprofessional learning opportunities.The Interprofessional Education Passport provides a comprehensive list of the IPE activities available to UBC students. Programs may apply to have activities added to the Interprofessional Education Passport as a way to promote and track participation. The Application process ensures activities listed on the IPE Passport are quality, effective, interprofessional learning experiences, as those involved in the delivery of IPE grows.
The Vision for the IPE Passport
The goal is to grow the functionality of the IPE Passport to support the different types IPE that are emerging and available to students:
- Integrated Curricula
- IPE Required by Programs
- Enrichment Activities (Extracurricular and Clinical)
- Student-Led Activities
- Opportunities of Interest
Each of these require different considerations to ensure they are quality, effective interprofessional learning experiences. The criteria and process for each is outlined below.
- Complete the Activity Application Form prior to the delivery of your IPE activity. Applications must be submitted by a faculty, clinical faculty or staff member.
- Submit the completed form to the UBC Health Education Program Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The UBC Health Curriculum Committee or Practice Education Committee will review your application during the monthly meeting following the submission of your application.
- Once your activity has been approved, it will be assigned an activity type category indicating the depth of interprofessional learning based on the standardized rubric.
- The UBC Health Education Program Coordinator will contact you to confirm pertinent details before adding your activity to the Passport.
- Relevant students will be sent an email alert when your activity is listed on the Passport.
Useful resources to help you plan your IPE activity and complete the Activity Application Form:
If you have any questions, please contact the Passport Administrator (email@example.com)